Thursday 19 May 2011

Sad Music is Uplifting


Y.O. 
 
Sorry it’s taken so long, but I’ve been busy….

Welcome to the new website, and welcome to the Clayton Blizzard blog




To everyone that’s helped me/us get this far, Thanks.
If you’ve ever watched me play live, Thanks.
If you’ve bought (or blagged) a Blizzard CD, Thanks.
If you’ve ever spoken to me to say you enjoyed the music, Thanks.
If you’ve ever said: “Keep it up”, Thanks, I will.
If you’ve ever made criticisms, Thanks.
If you’ve ever spent a whole live set talking loudly, Thanks.
If you’ve ever spoken to me and found me reserved and awkward, Thanks

These are exciting times we’re living in.
I don’t know about you, but with extreme cuts in public services, attacks on trade unions, sickening chart music and a royal wedding, 2011 looks more like the early 1980s every day.
I’m really looking forward to The Smiths….SadMusicIsUplifting.

This blog will be updated whenever I’ve got anything to tell you that just can’t wait.
For the time being, here’s a wee poem:


The Length Of A Wave


I’m a wavelength with one wave,
Which makes me a single.

So after a gig,
I was asked by a girl,
“Are you single?”

And I said:
I’m a sound wave –
A wavelength,
With one wave.
I am a singularity,

And she rolled her eyes at me.

And walked away, saying
“No one likes a Smartarse”.

Which is just what they said
To Jesus.


Thanks and Peace
C.L.B. I

No comments:

Post a Comment