Friday 10 May 2013

Toy Story 2 Was OK



I’ve seen this:





in pub tiolets all over Bristol.

I was delighted to find it, the first time.
Then I saw it in another pub and was still pleased.
The third place and time, I thought it was getting slightly old but was still mildly amused.
The fourth place/time, I noticed it was in the same handwriting, the same blue marker pen.

I recently discovered that this wasn’t even spontaneous graffiti – it was actually a Dmitri Martin joke from a couple of years ago, since when, fans of the American stand-up have been writing it on walls as a kind of homage to his “off-beat” humour.

I quite like Dmitri Martin, but I was disillusioned to learn this.
Luckily, though, I wasn’t very illusioned to begin with.
So you know, easy come, easy go.

My new favourite graffiti slogan is this:

Slogans Are Worthless.

Yeah.  Take THAT, society….

Peace

Clayton Blizzard

No comments:

Post a Comment