Friday 25 October 2013

Break


This isn’t easy to say.

I have decided to take a break.
From Us.

It’s not that I don’t love you. 
I hope you understand that I do, believe me, I do.

It’s just that there’s so much more I want to do – no, I’m not saying that you hold me back from it!  There’s no way I could do these other things without the support you give.

But, lately, I’ve felt like neither of us enjoys it as much as we used to. 
And when someone else has been involved, we’ve got some of the old excitement back, but…I don’t want the others to come between us, because it’s always been about you and me.
It’s taken me a long time to realise that.

I don’t want to keep doing the same old thing, I want us to move forward – together.  But I need some time alone to take stock, get to know myself again.
I want to write, create, travel, see more of my friends.

Yes, I know you would travel with me, and hang out with my friends, that’s not really the point.  You haven’t done anything wrong, you’ve been wonderful!

I’m not leaving for good, it’s just a break.
I’ll be back – you won’t be rid of me so easily!

Seriously, though, we’ve got the thing at Christmas, then let’s see where we are after that, OK? 
The New Year can be a difficult time, and I can’t make any promises, it wouldn’t be fair… 

I want you to know how much I appreciate everything you’ve done for me.
 
The bottom line is: I’m taking a break from playing solo acoustic gigs.

Please try to understand.


Love,

Clayton

No comments:

Post a Comment