Friday 8 March 2013

Dancing Slowly In A Dark Room


As everybody knows, it is very difficult making a living as a musician.
What some people don’t know, if they haven’t tried it, is that it can be wonderful living as a musician.

Especially with this kind of thing….

Below is an e-mail I got from someone who bought a download of my latest album.

--- On Tue, 5/3/13, L*** F******* <*******_*********@*****.co.uk> wrote:
Subject: Re: Clayton Blizzard Download - feedback
To: "Clayton Blizzard" <claytonblizzard@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Tuesday, 5 March, 2013, 12:37
Listened to your album while traveling around Barcelona, made me laugh out loud on the metro (got some funny looks) then nearly made me cry while walking through the streets. Had to stop & close my eyes & ride the music for a bit. Made me dream of dancing slowly in a dark room.

Then it made me laugh again.

So yeh.
Thanks.
L
x

It’s by some distance the best review I’ve ever had in writing (I’ve had some amazing reactions thrown straight at my face, but that’s a story for another time).

It’s good to know that these connections are being made.  It strengthens my feeling that what I’m doing is worthwhile.

So yeah.
Thanks
CLB

1 comment:

  1. In 2006 I spent an excellent 10 hr long-tail boat ride down the Mekong from thailand to laos listening almost exclusively to an early CLB EP, Perigee/Apogee and it was nut clenchingly awesome! Also being able to say I know the artist behind 1, 2, 3... home! Has consistently impressed women from europe to australia! Word!
    This is Funboy - Basking in the reflected glory of the New Regime!

    ReplyDelete